Friday, May 6, 2011

Literary Illustration


This project required me to create an illustration based off of a line in a poem. I chose an excerpt from a poem entitled in search of. The line states "We are the dreamers and as long as we dream we will never die; You know why, because no one ever really dies."I chose to design a robot project a dream out of his head. I chose a robot to represent the "we will never die" line because robots never die they can only be deprogrammed. I wanted him to project a dream because to me it felt organic. I say this because dreaming is intrinsically human, therefore a robot could not relate. I feel the robot and dream create a harmonious juxtaposition between living things, and manufactured things. I had a great time working on this project, and I am pleased with my results.

No comments:

Post a Comment